Thursday, May 28, 2015

Favorites

I love hearing about people's random, pointless preferences. I don't know what people's favorite colors or ice cream flavors really mean, but it feels important. Why do we even pick the thing in the first place? I really couldn't tell you why I prefer Raisinettes over any other candy. Sure, I can list reasons, but it's really just because I like them. Simple as that.

I'm pretty open-minded about people's favorites, except when it comes down to 2 things. I just can't wrap my head around why people are so gung-ho about them!

Number One: GMAIL

Seriously, I need someone to write me an essay about why the world loves GMAIL. I started using it when I needed a more professional email address, and I still don't like it. Hotmail is so much prettier and easier to use. (Yes, I know this Blogspot functions off of a GMAIL account. It's what I'm stuck with because I'm basically illiterate when it comes to technology.)

Number Two: Filming Concerts

Okay, so I know this isn't really a "favorite." But I know some girl somewhere has at least thought to herself "...this is the best thing I have ever filmed...they're my favorite..." while fan-girling over the hot guy in a band. Why don't people just enjoy the moment and dance to the music? The bright, shiny screens ruin the atmosphere. Plus, the acoustics and recordings are so bad, no one ever wants to listen to it again. It makes absolutely no sense to me. It's amazing how music can create a community in a gross club--live in it people!

No comments:

Post a Comment